The CLK63 AMG Black Series Coupe made its world premiere at the New York International Auto Show and represents the synergy of racecar performance and roadcar driveability.
Designed after the official Formula 1 Safety Car, it promises a dramatic entrance with ground-hugging posture, athletic flared fenders, and ultra-light carbon fiber reinforced plastic rear apron.
Four chrome-tipped tailpipes hint at the special AMG sports exhaust, specially designed for low exhaust back pressure, and results in enhanced engine performance at high engine speeds.
CLK63 AMG Black Series Coupe features:
* AMG 6.3-liter V-8 engine developed in Affalterbach, Germany
* 19-inch AMG forged aluminum wheels fitted with high-performance tires for optimal high-speed cornering
* AMG high-performance braking system featuring cross-drilled composite brake discs
* Optimized air intake system with a magnesium dual-stage intake manifold
* Standard rear axle differential lock and modified Electronic Stability Program (ESP®)
* AMG adjustable coil-over suspension
* Carbon fiber trim
* AMG aluminum shift lever
* 14-inch DTM-style AMG performance leather steering wheel
* F1-inspired aluminum shift paddles
* AMG bucket seats upholstered in black Nappa leather
Photo Gallery: Mercedes-Benz CLK63 Black Series Coupe