The ultimate performance SUV was revealed by Jeep at the New York International Auto Show – the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.
• Offers unique blend of legendary Jeep capability and utility, head-turning SRT performance, luxury and refinement, and innovative advanced technologies
• Best performing Jeep vehicle ever: 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds; quarter mile in
mid-13 second range; top speed of 155 mph; 60-0 mph braking in 116 feet
• Most powerful Jeep vehicle ever with all-new 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 that delivers an estimated 465 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque
• Best handling Jeep vehicle ever features advanced new adaptive damping suspension managed by new Selec-Track system, delivering up to .90 g on the skid pad
• New active valve exhaust system allows standard Fuel Saver Technology to engage over a wider rpm range for an estimated 13-percent improvement in highway fuel efficiency and 450-mile range
• Standard steering wheel mounted paddle shifters allow spirited shifting on the road and track
• Available in Jeep showrooms in third quarter 2011
Powering the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is Chrysler Group’s all-new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 with Fuel Saver Technology that delivers an estimated 465 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque — an improvement of 45 horsepower and 45 lb.-ft. torque over the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 it replaces.
An active intake manifold and high-lift camshaft with cam phasing delivers maximum low-end torque while optimizing high-end power across a wider and improved rpm band. Specifically, 90-percent of peak torque is available between 2,800 and 6,000 rpm, allowing for inspired standing starts and improved straight-line performance.
Roadfly.com – http://www.roadfly.com
Auto Show News – http://forum.roadfly.com/forums/175-Auto-Show-News
RoadflyTV – http://www.youtube.com/roadflytv
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/roadfly
Twitter – http://twitter.com/roadfly