2017 Ram Power Wagon – The Ultimate Off-road Truck Benefits From New Design
- New 2017 Ram Power Wagon front grille design styling super-sizes Ram 1500 Rebel
- Tops Ram – “The Off-road Truck Leader” – 4×4 lineup
- New colors, lighting, wheels, grilles and legacy graphic takes cues from 1979-80 “Macho Power Wagon”
- New interior colors and materials, including Diesel Gray and Black seats with tire tread-matching pattern
- Unique 17-inch wheels and 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires pull dirt from its comfort zone
- Standard 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 with best-in-class 410 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque features unsurpassed powertrain warranty – five years/60,000 miles
- Unique Ram “Articulink” front suspension system incorporates high movement joints and sway-bar disconnecting system, allowing for additional flexibility and axle articulation
- Ram engineering continues to lead heavy-duty segment innovation with five-link coil rear suspension to deliver best-in-class ride and superior axle control
- Ram Power Wagon features standard front and rear electronic-locking differentials for true four-wheel drive and maximum traction
- Standard Warn 12,000-lb. electric winch mounted behind the front bumper, able to hang competitors off the ground
- Power Wagon available in Tradesman trim and design
- Up to 10,030 pounds of towing capacity
- Introduced in 1945, Power Wagon was first mass-production 4×4 pickup — simply no other pickup on the market matches Power Wagon’s on- and off-road capability
Power Wagon Specs
Undeniable numbers tell the best-in-class story of the standard 6.4-liter HEMI 16-valve V-8 engine: 410 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and a peak torque rating of 429 lb.-ft. (582 N•m) at 4,000 rpm. The engine calibration is unique to Power Wagon to enhance its off-road maneuverability and finesse. When driving in four-wheel-drive “Low,” the throttle response softens and the idle speed increases by 100 rpm (from 650 to 750 rpm) – providing added control when ascending and descending off-road obstacles at slow speeds.
The exclusive five-link coil design provides better articulation over obstacles than a leaf spring system and the robust coil springs are more than up to the task of handling heavy payloads. Although the 2017 Ram Power Wagon is loaded with off-road components, owners will appreciate a payload of up to 1,510 pounds and a towing capacity of up to 10,030 pounds.
Four-wheel disc brakes are standard on all 2017 Ram Heavy Duty Truck models. Front rotors measure 14.17 inches (373 mm) in diameter and are clamped with dual-piston calipers; rear rotors are 14.09 inches (356 mm) also use dual-piston calipers. All Ram Heavy Duty trucks feature standard four-channel electronic stability control (ESC).