Test Vehicle: 2020 Nissan Versa
MSRP: $19,090 – $21,430
Overall NHTSA Rating: New, Not Yet Tested
MPG: 29 City / 39 Hwy
Should I add it to my car shopping list? Yes!
2020 Nissan Sentra Review
|Pros & Cons||What’s New|
|Near luxury styling inside and out||All new model for 2020|
|Very roomy inside for a small car. Definitely doesn’t feel small.|
|Lots of included technology|
|Luxury features abound|
|Sporty ride might not be for everyone.|
Q. Should I put the new Sentra on my car shopping list?
A. The new Nissan Sentra is my favorite new car in the small car class. It offers roominess, sportiness, excellent styling, and lots of safety features. Definitely take the new Sentra out for a test drive.
The all-new 2020 Nissan Sentra is 100% improved over the previous generation. Trim levels available are S, SV, and SR. Some accessories are available at an extra-cost like certain paint colors, and Premium option packages for the SV and SR trim levels, what you see is what you get. It’s a great drive and I encourage you to take one out on a test drive.
Some of the great safety features include:
Nissan Safety Shield 360, a suite of six advanced driver-assist systems, is standard on all 2020 Sentra grade levels. Nissan Safety Shield 360 includes Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Warning, High Beam Assist and Rear Automatic Braking. Sentra also features standard Rear Door Alert, 10 supplemental air bags and Intelligent Driver Alertness.
PRODUCT AND MARKETPLACE HIGHLIGHTS
- All-new expressive design with improved proportions, aggressive stance and a powerful presence
- Newly designed, refined interior with attention to detail and craftsmanship
- D-shaped steering wheel
- Body is 2.0 inches lower (71.5 inches) and 2.2 inches wider (56.9 inches) than previous generation design
- Offers a long wheelbase of 106.8 inches (+0.5 inches), 182.7-inch overall length (+0.6 inches)
- Fresh new cabin design with Nissan signature design elements and use of harmonious materials and colors
- 7.0-inch color touchscreen display audio system
- Available 8.0-inch color display with multi-touch control
- SR grade includes Dark Chrome V-motion grille, lower body side sill extensions, rear spoiler, chrome exhaust tip finisher, black painted heated outside mirrors with turn signal
- Available NissanConnect® featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Available Bose® Premium audio system with eight speakers
- Available heated front seats
- 2.0-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine, with 149 horsepower @ 6,400 rpm and 146 lb-ft of torque @ 4,400 rpm
- Standard Nissan Safety Shield 360 on all grades – includes Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Rear Automatic Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and High Beam Assist
- Next-generation Xtronic transmission with D-step shift program for direct shift feel and linear acceleration feel
- New Sentra-exclusive platform
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control – standard on SV and SR
- Standard Intelligent Driver Alertness1
- Available 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 215/45R18 all-season tires (SR model)
- Two available options: SV Premium Package and Premium Package (SR)